2020 Executive Board Elections
In compliance with the UF Law SBA Constitution, an election to determine SBA Executive Board officers for the 2020-2021 school year will commence during the period of Wednesday, February 12, 2020 to Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
An Election Commission has been established consisting of current elected SBA officers who are not seeking office for the positions in contest during this election:
Election Chairperson: Adam Duso
Election Integrity Officer: Kate Magill
Election Assistant: Liz Cole-Greenblatt
Opening of Candidacy Submissions: February 12, 2020
Closing of Candidacy Submissions: 5:00 PM on February 16, 2020
Campaign Period: February 17, 2020 through February 24, 2020
Election Day: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM on February 25, 2020
Candidates-Elect Assume Office: April 15, 2020
The Election Commission may adjust this schedule if deemed necessary. If this schedule changes, the Election Commission will report the change through public channels.
The following rules apply to this election:
- Campaigning may begin only after a candidate has received an emailed confirmation from the Election Commission that this form has been received.
- No campaigning of any sort (including the placement of materials and the use of whiteboards) is permitted in classrooms or in the Legal Information Center.
- No candidate shall give, offer, or promise to any student or student organization any benefit in order to influence the votes of that student or members of that organization.
- No candidate or representative shall misrepresent any material fact in campaign material or in campaigning in any form.
- No campaign materials may be placed on vehicles.
Any reports of a candidate or candidates violating the Honor Code, campaigning rules, the UF Student Code of Conduct or standards of professionalism will be reviewed by the Election Commission, which will render its opinion in writing to the SBA Judicial Council for further action.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Election Chairperson Adam Duso at firstname.lastname@example.org.